Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thoughts on Security Software continued...

Alright I have finally had the opportunity to test CounterSpy Enterprise and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. It is indeed very low on resource usage, but even better it is quite easy to manage through many different network configurations. At work I use SBS 2003, but I still have an old NT4 SBS server hosting some legacy apps. This means not everyone is on the same domain which is not an easy thing for some security software, but Sunbelt has thought this out quite well. Also, each agent can be installed in a variety of ways. You can push it to the machine or create an installation package. Plus if you happen to have a machine with XP home you won't be unhappy because it will work there too. It works in workgroups, domains, Active Directory, Zen Works, etc... And when running a scan you can hard tell it's happening it's so lite on resource usage. That would not happen with F-Secure or most any other anti-virus program. Coming at the end of the year it will be certified as a full anti-virus program; not to mention the fact that right now it does as well and sometimes better at finding threats as the F-Secure software I have been using for the last 3 years. I think I can safely say I have the anti-malware system I plan to stick with for quite some time to come.

No comments: